Hi, I am a 19 year old full time college student w/3 jobs, one boyfriend, and no kids...yet. I usually get my period the first week of the month. My last period landed on the first week of November and it is now a day or so before January. I have had no cramps of significance, no signs of blood. I took one e.p.t. and came back negative. I have been having frequent sex for about 4 years and never protected. I haven't been any more stressed out than usual, no change in diet; nothing is different.

I did miscarry last month...around my period time in November (it was on Wed. November 8, 2006...is this why I'm late? I have also had trich before, and I have untreated HPV (can't afford the medication, however, lesion went away on its own).

Now, just within this last week or so, right after Christmas time, inbetween my vaginal lips it has become extremely painfully itchy. I can't help but itch it, I try not to, but then I even wake up cuz I'm itching in my sleep and it hurts so much it wakes me. It is now becoming reddish tinted. I keep hoping that if I just stop itching it, it will go away. Then I had sex today with my boyfriend, unprotected as usual (he is aware of my previous trich infection and my current HPV status). During and afterward was very painful, it stung, itched, all the above; it almost felt like I was losing my virginity all over again. Right after sex, I cleaned myself up with a tissue as usual, but it hurt so bad so I informed my boyfriend. He recommended to take a shower and rinse it for a while, I did but it still hurt. It is like a numbing cold itchy pain...if that makes any sense.

Do I possibly have an infection that is causing me to miss my period? Or am I actually pregnant and I have an infection that is causing the the e.p.t. test to show negative? Or is there something else wrong with me?

I can't afford to go see a gyno. What do I do? I try to wipe properly and clean it every day, what do I do?

If ANYONE!!! can help, please contact me at strawberryshortcake55388@yahoo.com

I forgot to mention....no discharge, however, last night, just a tiny bit of discharge. It was usual in color only stiffer...like jello sort of.

Sounds like it's possible you may have a yeast infection or a vaginal infection. These can cause itchiness, redness or burning sensations. These can also be common during pregnancies and after miscarriages. I had a miscarriage a month ago when I was nine weeks pregnant. During the pregancy I had a UTI and a vaginal infection caused by an over growth of natural bacteria. Not a big a fan of antibiotics, but was apparently necessary for my situation. About a week after my miscarriage, my labias became dry and itchy. I figured that it was probably a yeast infection (due to the extremely unbalanced natural bacteria that every womnan produces which is very important for vaginal health. I don't have health insurance myself, mainly the reason being that I don't trust doctors and try to avoid seeing them at any cost (literally until it is my last option). So I try to look for as many home remedies that I can find. What I did when I felt the dry itchiness was: ate a logic plain, organic, cultured yogurt. It can found at any health foods store. The live cultures help to re-balance and also boost your immunity prevent the bacterial growth as it keeps YOUR natural bacteria balanced. You can also put it the labia area where it's red, itchy, or dry, it's extremely soothing and you are putting the live cultures directly on the problem area. Next, garlic cloves are a natural antiseptic which is an antimicrobial subtanced that is applied to living tissue or skin to prevent infrction. Eat fresh garlic or try to incorpate garlic in your meal, very lightly cooked. You can also place a garlic clove in your vagina for up to 24 hours. This is an immediate relief for me. Tea tree oil is also a natural antiseptic. You can use one drop on the figer tip and gently rub inside. If you want to use more, mix one part tea tree oil with part carrier oil (olive, coconut, sunflower oil). All of these can be used together as well. I keep up with it for about a week until all symptoms are completely gone. I would also suggest that you do the following: don't have any sex!! I know it's hard, but stop for at least a week. Your boyfriend could be transferring more bacteria which makes it harder to recover. Remember you are tender down there. Don't wear tight form fitting clothes. Where 100% cotton underwear, or none at all to help the air flow and oxygenate.