Hi, I am so exhausted at bed time in the evening, but I get weird thoughts and can’t sleep. I need some good advices how to fall asleep.

Hi, when I have such a problem I usually take some boring book to fall asleep. It works every time. Some people use counting backward from 100 or imagining and counting sheep, but it doesn’t work for me. Sex is great for relieving tension and side effects of stress. And afterwards you can sleep like baby. Avoid coffee, tea and chocolate before bedtime. Exercise or other excessive mental or physical activity leads to excitement. Also your bedroom should be quite and clean place preserved for sleeping. Darkness and peace will provide you necessary conditions for sleeping. Massage, warm bath or other techniques are also efficient.

Boring book is a great idea but you can apply this on any book. If you get exhausted during the day your body will need rest and during reading it is possible that you will feel asleep. This is my technique and it is very useful because you are reading and learning things that will come in handy one day. Also it is way much better than watching television.

Avoid eating late! This is very important because sometimes your own body is preventing you to fall a sleep because your stomach is still digesting food you have ate.

And glass of warm milk works every time. Try it if you don’t believe. I hope this was helpful and good luck with sleeping.