My doctor told me about Wellbutrin as a prescription to help me stop smoking. My question is: Can I still smoke while taking it and gradually do you lose your taste for cigarettes? If not, are therew any prescriptions available that allow you to gradually quit rather than just quitting cold turkey?

As far as I know - and I've been researching the subject a lot because I'm in the same situation as you are - you need to start taking Wellbutrin pills before you quit so that they can change the brain chemistry that supports nicotine addiction. You still continue to take the pills when you try to cut down or completely quit, they, as the ones who were successful say - simply wipe away the desire to smoke. But I think you still - like me - will need to be prepared for at least a week of nervousness.