I need to buy one, but wonder what it will be like wearing it when I run. Is it bulky? Which one did you buy? I was thinking the 2 bottle one would be enough. I'm just tired of becoming dehydrated on long runs. There's another one that has 2 bottles for water and 2 for gels.

I want one that is comfortable when I run. They're also kind of expensive. Know of any discount running stores that sell them? I already checked Holabird.

Shelly

When I was training I used a carrier that had a pouch for a 20 oz. water bottle and zipper pockets for gels. I wore it with the bottle in the small of my back. Had very little trouble with it all. Little or no bounce. Very accesible. Picked it up at the local sporting goods store.

I use a pouch that I carry gels in. I got it at an expo for a race. It can hold about 6 gels and it is hardly any weight at all.

Why not just plant a water bottle or two along your current route? I do a double loop from my house and have one bottle on the route and one at home. Works for me.

lol! I have been doing that in Spring in Summer. You can't do that in the Midwest, though, during the winter. Anyway, I got tired of the stashing and wondering if someone has messed with my water. I know it sounds paranoid, but last summer after a run I went over to my stashed water and my neighbor says as I'm putting the bottle to my mouth: oh, Michelle, sorry but Sam (his 4 year old) took a few drinks out of that. No big deal.
No big deal? Gross! Anyway, yuck, so I need my own fuelbelt.
Thanks for all of the advice everyone. I'm going with the fuelbelt: 2 bottles 2 flasks. I'd fear I'd drop the one Akern uses. 8O butter fingers.
Shelly