Hi, my name is Paul. I had a catheterization few months ago. That passed ok, but recently nurse told me she heard murmur sound that sounded aortic. I think that my aorta could be damaged from catheter. Could you explain me the difference between aortic dissention and aortic aneurysm and what the symptoms are? Can heart catheterization cause either of these conditions?

Well Paul, I can’t really tell if those conditions can be sauced by catheterization. If you meant on aortic dissection (when you asked about aortic dissention), that is a tear in the wall of the aorta. It is really rare to be caused by heart catheterization, although it is not impossible. And aortic aneurism is a dilation of the aorta that occurs over many years, and as much as I know it can’t be caused by catheterization. You should consult your cardiologist about it.