Nothing seems to be easy in this life. We, my wife and I have been waiting to get married and to have kids. When we finally did it, another problem occurred. My wife was diagnosed with aortic stenosis, high degree and she is needed for surgery. Her doctor recommended Ross procedure. Does someone have information about this procedure?

I read about this procedure in some scientific magazine. I will tell you what I have had remembered. This procedure is called by scientist who had invented it, Dr. Donald Ross. It is used to help people with aortic valve is replaced with his/hers pulmonary valve. You will probably ask now, what happens with pulmonary valve? In her space they put crypreserved cadaveric pulmonary valve. Benefits of this procedure are that does not require anticoagulative medicines for therapy, witch is not allowed in pregnancy.

my daughter had the ross procedure at the age of twelve. we have known since the age of two months old that she probably will not survive a pregnancy.at almost 18 she told me she was pregnant.I called Dr.Lacina(grand rapids mi.)a pediatric cardiologist the best man ever!!!! He directed her to a cardiologist who seen her often and to a obgyn. his name is Dr.Jelsema(grand rapids also).She went to see both the cardiologist and the obgyn every two weeks and each time they did ultra sounds for the baby and her heart.She had to have a c-section at 36 weeks. we now have our miracle baby. My daughter had a lot of thinking to do. " me or my baby" I chose her.She chose him. To make a long story short, the choice you make is the right choice. The LORD will only put you through what you can handle. Our prayers go to you and your family. send me an email and let me know how everything is going. I undersand!!!! by the way his name is Brunzwik Scott (his daddy is a bowler!)Please keep me informed!!!!!!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use