I'm doing some research on sport injuries. What are most common injuries in sport? I need to know this for my college essay I'm doing. To be honest, I have chosen this topic because I thought this would be fairly easy, but it is quite the opposite. So, I would appreciate any kind of useful information.

It all depends on the type of sport. Injuries are common for those body areas that are most used in certain sport. For example, for all sports that include running (marathon, soccer, etc), joints are under pressure so big percentage of injuries in these sports are linked with joints. Knee injuries are very common (includes damaged muscles, ligaments and tendons of knee area). Head injuries are not so rare in contact sports, or should I say, martial arts. To do your essay correctly, you must realize that this subject is a vast one with a lot of information you could present.