Hello, my friends. I have heard about honey allergy. In fact, I’ve read about it in the papers. I would like to know something more about diagnosing this kind of allergy. How can one do that? I would really appreciate all your replies considering this. Thank you in advance. Bye, folks!

Hi, there. Honey allergy is not so often, but it is possible. The main fact for diagnosing it is the medical history of the patient, i.e. the symptoms he may feel when take honey. I am not sure about allergy tests. There is so little data about it on the internet. Maybe you should talk to an expert. He must know something more. If you find out something new, please let me know. Good luck! Bye!

I've had breathing related problems with certain types of honey. Clover honey does not bother me. A year ago, I poked my fork into a lovely looking plate of baklava. I put one tine of the fork onto the tip of my tongue. Half of my tongue and a big part of my lower lip swelled. A doctor friend of mine started looking for an epipen for me. It took an hour for the swelling to go down. My doctor prescribed an epipen for me.