Hi, folks. I have heard that congenital hip dislocation is something that is common among babies. My wife and I have just gotten our first baby and we would like to determine whether this exists. Can you tell us if ultrasound is the only way for determining this condition? We would be grateful for this piece of info.

Hello, there. Are there any symptoms that can show congenital hip dislocation? The physical exam is the first method. This exam should be carefully done. If the doctor is not sure, he can order ultrasound. This is an excellent method for determining this and it isn’t harmful for the baby. If the kid is older, doctor may order X ray. However, this method is not so harmless. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hi, everyone. I really don’t have much to add. Ultrasound is great for this. My nephew was diagnosed with congenital hip dislocation. He was a little baby, when it was discovered by ultrasound. This method well visualizes baby’s hips. I wouldn’t recommend X ray for small babies. Please, let me know the results. I would like to know that. Bye!