Hi, guys. My wife has been diagnosed keratoacanthoma. I was explained it was a benign skin tumor and that there was no reason to be afraid. However, I would like to know the stages of this benign tumor. What are these stages? I would really be very thankful for all your replies to my post. Thanks.

Hi, there. Don't worry, keratoacanthoma is indeed a benign skin tumor and there is no reason to panic. It has usually three stages. The first one is proliferative stage. It lasts for two or three months when they grow rapidly and in this phase it can be mixed up with squamous cell carcinoma. At the end of this phase, it reaches its final diameter – one to two centimeters. Next one is the static phase. Tumor doesn't change its looks for about two to three months. The third stage is involuting stage. In this stage, keratoacanthoma goes away. Sometimes it can leave a scar. I hope I've helped you with this. Good luck!