Hello, folks. My sister has been recently diagnosed keratoacanthomas. I don't know much about it, except it is a benign skin tumor. I would appreciate if someone could tell me if these were common condition. I will really appreciate this piece of info. This will mean a lot to me, guys. Bye!

Hello, there. You are right, keratoacanthoma is a skin benign tumor. It is relatively common, but I can't tell you exact data. They grow quickly in the beginning, but they don't spread on other parts of the body. In the initial phase, they look like squamous cell skin cancer. They look like a bump. Their color is usual skin color. It can become more like a nodule. Some people compare it to volcano in some phases. I think there is no reason for your sister to be afraid. Just, let her go to the dermatologist and everything will be all right, I am sure. Good luck!