For a while now, I've had these strange bumps on my right hand, and only one on my left hand.

They start out as these small bumps under my skin, and grow until they appear above it sort of. Now, I should be more specific. I've got one small one near the base of my pointer finger, another near the base of my thumb, and several on my thumb. It's not..pain? or really hurting if I scratch or pull at them. It's more like an uncomfortable feeling close to hurt. Not enough to make me go ow, but something I'd like handled.

I'm a semi paranoid person, and I admit =P. I'm asking here first cause I don't want to go to a doctor and find out it some kind of rare skin cancer and they have to amputate my hand. I know, that's a bit crazy. I admit. I highly doubt that's even close to the situation at all.

My late son died aged 22 had a back full of warts.  Very strange as he had a good skin.  Not sure what it was and being poor, no medical aid, the state health service did very little.  Today 15 years later, I suffered, struggled for 3+ years since noticing bump in fold of finger in 2010, again state health did nothing and out of my meagre earnings, saw a few private drs.  The one dr treated it as a wart and "burnt" it with liquid nitrogen, the other said not a wart, was intending to see a specialist - no cash.  I sat up for many hrs daily, sacrificed sleep to point of having a breakdown.  Was on a lot of zinc tablets, painted on Thuja (expensive) and other wart paint remedies, went on good multivitamins, massaged with castor oil, used up all my Bio Oil, etc, etc.  Used wart plasters too.  To cut a very long story short, it may save in the long run, to see a Dermatologist, Skin Specialist.  I tried potato peel, banana peel, duct tape, all these things help, the body rejected it and out after a few years came a long stalk, like a long bristle looked like the bristle of a toothbrush, but longer, could have been a thorn, could not believe that it had been lodged under the skin for so many years.  It was a very messy situation, don't want to be crude, but I was amazed - the hair, still coming off.  Oh and VERY GOOD is Benzoyl Benzoate which is cheap and TETMOSOL soap and EURAX ointment.  You must persevere, though, try natural remedies too.  But I am not a doctor and your condition cold be totally different to mine.  Most disappointing is the poor state health service, in this country, I won't go into detail, I am white skinned ...