What product do you use to lube that chain? Silicone spray? Bike shop special formula? The short lived WD40? And how much?

Maybe I just worry too much 'cuz I got ten feet of chain... :shrug:

I use some cheap aresol stuff from Wal*Mart. It works way better than the expensive 'just for bikes' stuff I first bought.

I clean and re-lube the chain once a week.

I haven't done it lately (but I really need to). The teflon stuff works pretty dang well and it's about 2 bucks for a small bottle.

You have to lube it? :o

Well...I just got it, and I still need to go back and get more stuff, so I guess I will add that to the list...

G

I use Pro-Link.

I have the Bi-Box to clean the chain.

When I had mine in for its yearly tune up, the guy sold me this spray stuff. I don't recall the name of it. I needed a new chain this year, I hadn't oiled my old one since I had the bike, and it is over 10 years old.

Now I spray it once a month

Tri-Flow, available at most bike shops

When I was a kid we used whatever motor oil we could get our hands on, usually from dads oil can.

Now I have a chain drive rail car and I use chain lube spray. The manufacturer, Fairmont, had an accessory oiler that called for 10 weight oil but mine doesn't have one. I figured whatever the bikers used should be good so I went to my nearest Harley dealer and bought a can of spray chain lube. Since then I found the same stuff in a discount auto parts store for less than a third of the price.

Pedro's lube. I have a SRAM chain and it breaks easy. I take it off and use a degreaser every weekend, then relube twice beofre the next ride. The first lube removes most of the stuff the degreaser didn't get and the second lube gets the lube in all the right spots so I have no squeeks.

I hate a dirty chain.

BTW, I clean the chain rings and the cogs every week too.

Sheldon

what I am suppose to clean the chain???????!!!!!!!!!! 8O

I have the box thing and I use some white colored lube. White lightening is it called??? Hubby cleans my chain for me.

I use whatever is available to lube it. Sometimes Skate lube, Sometimes Bike (tri-flow), WD-40, or machine oil. as long as it is greased it's happy, right???

God knows I am.