Does anyone else here take to the trails on his or her bike? We had walked the trail first and it didn't seem intimidating walking it as it's a very basic course. Anyway, we rode it this weekend and it was pretty incredible how much coordination, adrenaline, and fitness is required for this type of fun. I crashed and fell twice. The whole experience was such a rush. Anyone seeking a little more adventure out there, get off the road and into the trails. Oh, and you end up wearing a whole lot of mud. 8-)

:1: Glad you liked it! It's a heck of a lot of fun, especially for the newbie. The best thing is riding with someone better than you and trying to keep up. Don't be afraid to fall, unless you're in a really rocky area it doesn't hurt (much), and everyone does it. I think I've got some threads I started on mtn biking somewhere in here...

I'll do a search for your thread. I was telling my boy friend that the hills are more intimidating than I thought they'd be. I love hills on road biking, but in the forest you descend so rapidly and then you're flyng through these narrow spaces and trying to manage exposed roots, branches, whatever.
The only reason I discovered this is because my boyfriend has been riding and doing this since he was small. He's very fast, of course on the bike and also running, but it doesn't seem to bother him our speed difference . He'll just run ahead of me and then loop back and find me again. He does this biking too. It's great because I can learn a lot about the sport from him and be really proud too that he's so good at the sport. :)

I really need to ride out to the local park and ride the trails there. I've had my MTB for almost a year and still haven't ridden it off road except to hop a curb of two.

PS - For a real adrenaline rush without the risk of falling down, I highly recommend riding in rush-hour traffic in a large metropolitan area. 8)

I think you'd really like mountain biking, PH. I've done the rush hour thing in a town population 30,000. Sucks. It'd be a death wish in a large metro area. :umno:

They have hills in northern Indiana? Wow!

I used to ride trails around Purdue and even did a MTB race once. I just don't have the time or any nearby trails right now.

quote]

I know! It's hard to believe, but I've found a few. LOL! Remember, we're speaking of small hills. Now there are trails back in WI that are awesome, and of course around the Dunes here it's pretty hilly. If we just go north into Michigan you'll find those unusual geographic mavels too.

I love mountain biking!.....we have some really hilly and rocky trails at a state park that I go to for both trail running and biking....