I have been running for a couple of months. I started with a mile (I hope that you will not laugh) and worked up to a 5 miles. Ever since that I have been running the same distance every day. I am not sure about the way I should train. Should I run the same miles each day?

Don’t worry; nobody is going to laugh at you. In fact, you should be proud. You have managed to increase your running distance from 1 mile to 5 in only few months. That is great accomplishment. As for the daily mileage, it depends on your goals. It is not the same if you want to run 10k or sprint 100 or 400m or have plans to run marathon one day. Generally it is wise to incorporate easy days with slower pace and/or smaller distances into your weekly routine. And you should definitely have at least one day off. You need to give your muscles enough time to rest and recuperate to be able to impose a greater load on them.

Increase speed and mileage. If you're really pushing for something, you need to be sweating and in pain by the end of a run. At the end of the week, or in the middle, incorporate an easy day. 2-4 miles of light, easy, unstrained running. Then get back to the hard stuff... Once every two weeks or so, take your easy day off all together.