I am going on vacation abroad with my parents and will be flying for the first time since I was diagnosed with diabetes (and actually for the first time in my life :-)). I am on an insulin pump and I'm worried regarding airport security demanding me to inspect my pump/insulin. It is not that I have anything to hide, but of course, I am worried I might not be allowed to carry may pain and insulin onto the plance. Did anyone have any problems while on the airport during the check in and control before you go to the terminal? Shall I get a statement from mt doctor?

Hello there.  I think it is great that you are taking a trip with your parents.  I don't believe you need a statement from the doctor to take the insulin pump on board with you at the airport.  The airport security is familiar with things like insulin pumps and such, I'm sure.  Nowadays, there are many people that are diabetic and need to carry things with them like insulin needles, lancets, glucometers, and insulin pumps.  I am sure you will be fine going through airport security without any problem at all.  Does anyone have anything to share about their experiences with diabetic supplies and airport security?

Apprentice

Travelling with insulin, needles, pumps, etc. is completely normal nowadays and you should not have any problem, as long as you have it stored and packed properly. You can imagine having ampules all over the places may rise suspicion to the officers at the boarder control. As far as statement goes: insulin is completely legal and no authority can/should deny you entering a country without insulin since it is consider essential.

Enjoy your trip. Best, Tom.