I prefer to bad my own, I actually do it quicker than the 16 year old kid.

Since I rarely go to the store without at least Sweet Pea in tow, I usually let them bag the groceries. In fact, the two stores in our little town still carry them out to the car for you. How sweet is that?

I let them bag if I use a cashier, otherwise I fo the scan-it-your-own-dang-self and bag my own. I always carry out my own though.

The bag-it-yourself place here is staffed by Night Of The Living Dead extras, and since I don't want whatever stupid and ugly virus is apparently in the air there I go to the old fashioned pay-for-the-service-but-get-to-converse-with-real-people grocery store.

If the the whole family is shopping I help out since they seem to stock all the registers with baggers. If no one is there I do it. The Mrs seems to let them do it and she even lets them take the stuff to the car for her. I usually take it myself.

Dang you guys are lucky that they take your stuff to the car. We are on our own there. They do allow us to take the cart out the car though.

My husband is a retired Marine so we use the commisary where they bag it and take it to the car for us. It's worth the tip money.

Bag our own. It is faster plus Robin used to be a checker at a grocery store and is quite efficent. She is the packer, I am the loader in the cart guy.

scan it myself (where applicable)
bag it myself

scan it yourself hasn't hit these backwoods yet......
Wal-Mart bags for us, the other grocery store we use is a bag-it-yourself place.

I bag my own because unlike the 16-year-olds, I don't put soda on top of eggs and bread . I bring my own canvas bags, too, when I don't need paper bags for my newspaper recyclables. Not so much for the 2 cent credit per bag, but it's more environmentally sound, I can stuff those suckers, and they're much easier to carry into the house.

My daughter goes with me and kicks in a little towards the bill. She bags for me while I pay, and even puts them away for me at home. I'm gona miss her when she moves out :( The son is clueless about shopping, and working two jobs, I don't feel right dragging him to the store at 10:00 pm on Sunday's. Ahhhh being a single dad :D