Hi everybody. I'm Chris, and I'm new to these forums. I just recently got into running, so I'm pretty new to this.

I run in a pair of Puma Munichs. They're not, to my knowledge, a running shoe. But they don't hurt me at all, I never get shin splints, I don't get blisters, and my feet don't hurt at the end of the day. In fact, I jogged six miles in them last night and my feet felt fine.

My question is - should I switch over to a "real" running shoe? Or if these shoes don't hurt and I'm able to run in them, should I keep doing what I'm doing?

Thanks for your help. :)

Welcome. :wavey: If you are going to be running on a regular basis it's a good idea to go to a running store and get properly fitted in a running shoe.

If the shoes are farily new and you're just starting out, you'll be fine for awhile. What I'd recommend is to get to a running store and get a fresh pair, properly fitted to your running gait. I suspect you'll feel a world of difference. And if you don't, you can rotate the Pumas and your new shoes, wear the old ones on rainy days, trail runs or in the snow/slush coming up.