I want a couple pairs of running shoes.
Some for long jogs others for casual wear.

Here is the list of shoes I am interested in:

Asics Kinetic 3
Nike Shox
Adidas Titan/Powerbounce
Reebok Zigenergy
Nike Air Max 2010
Adidas kanadia TR3(for trail running)

Pick 3

I don't think you should go based off of brand. What I tell everyone is to go to a running shoe store and have them fit you. They'll look at how you walk and run and give you the best shoes that will make you perform better. If you have a Fleet Feet, they have great staff members to help you!

Your running style also dictates what type of shoe you should be buying. Over-Pronation is where your foot rolls inwards more than is normal when it strikes asics running shoesthe ground and can lead to collapsed arches and all kinds of leg and back problems if it is not properly accounted for.

I agree with alyssa28690, don't worry too much about the brand. Focus on the type of features they offer. i.e some have wider feet than others so this should obviously be something available for you to pick when choosing the shoes.