People keep talking about hydration and necessity of getting enough water in your system. I believe that it goes for the athletes too, especially runners. What kind of drink should I use? Plain water seems good to me, but some friends suggest some carbs and electrolytes along. Are those drinks really necessary?

Plain water is the best fluid for your body. Period. That is true for everybody, especially for endurance athletes. Of course if you are running for 10k, half or full marathon you may consider some special formulas with carbs, essential minerals and BCAAs. Post running fluid replacement drink is much more important. Recent studies suggest that a carbohydrate/protein mix is more effective in replenishing muscle glycogen than pure carbohydrate. Protein to carb ratio should be 4:1. Even chocolate milk proved to be effective in promoting faster recovery. So, my advice would be: drink plain water during the run (only small sips every few minutes) and fluid replacement drink within 30 minutes.

Hi dear,

Normally I am use fresh fruit juices. These are very delicious for our health.
These keep us healthy and prevent from a number of diseases.

any comment?

I drink water,coconut water,lemon water,fruit juices and milk shakes also.
:)