Hello. I'm very worried for my daughter and her son and I would like if someone could tell me more about some syndrome I don’t know anything about.
Just recently she got a beautiful little boy and she couldn’t be happier but soon after, doctors realized that the child has developed some kind of disease called galactokinase deficiency and supposedly his liver is damaged. All I know is that it has something to do with the sugar we ear everyday!
Can anyone tell me more about this strange and rare disease and are there any ways to treat it.

Hello. I'm very sorry that child that young already must suffer from these things. I know some facts about this disease and although it isn’t much- I hope it will help!
Simplest putted-galactokinase deficiency is the inability to use the simple sugar- galactose we eat everyday.
This caused build-up of this sugar in blood and damages of liver, central nervous system, and various other body systems.
From what I know about it-diet is the foundation of galactokinase therapy. Child must strongly avoid lactose and galactose and all the symptoms will disappear!
Good luck!