Hello! I’m a novice and don’t mind my questions which will probably be regarded as silly and not serious enough, but I don’t know almost anything about cycling. So, can you tell me what the average speed on the bike is, if something like that can be stated regardless of the category? I’d like to have that in mind when I start cycling.

That’s something I can’t precisely tell you. Speed in cycling can vary depending on the type of cycling and various other things. Besides, since cycling is your hobby, there’s no need for you to insist on speed as something important and to frustrate yourself if you can’t achieve certain desired speeds. The most important thing is to start cycling. After that the period of adaptation comes and your body is getting used to the new activity. Only after a year or so of intensive cycling training can you expect to improve the speed. Anyway, don’t give up no matter what and don’t let the fact that you’re slower that you want depress you and make you want to quit it.