Hello. I'm a female and I have some questions about my husband’s present health state. About three or four months he started to complain on some strange symptoms such as back swelling.
He is describing it like something pushes his insides towards other parts of the body.
I didn’t pay too much attention on it in the beginning because there was no pain involved in all this. But with time, it was starting to cause him strong pain and breathing problems.
Although he refuses to see any doctor over this I was considering taking him to some chiropractor. Any ideas?

From all the data you provide I could tell that I'm pretty sure we are talking about condition called disc herniation because many patients with this condition complain about “back swelling”.
This condition occur when small cushions of cartilage, called intervertebral discs which separate vertebrae in the back from each other, bulge out from between the vertebrae.
It can be caused by lifting heavy objects or just being overweight.
Some types of arthritis can also cause this back pain you described.
I'd say that massage therapy is the best remedy for back swelling but there are also several medications for treating back pain such as Acetaminophen. Acetaminophen is a pain reliever, but has no anti-inflammatory properties. You should also know that exercise helps reduce pain and prevents further joint damage.