Hi, folks. I have a friend who is a Jew. He has mentioned something about kosher cheese. I must admit that I really don’t know what it is. I don’t want to ask him in order not to appear as ignorant. That is why I came here to ask you this. What is kosher cheese? Can anyone tell me this?

Hello to you too. I guess that kosher cheese comes from kosher animals. Kosher animals are the one that are allowed in Jewish diet. Those are animals that do not kill other animals. You can eat cheese from these animals. If you want to find out some more details, you can consult a rabbi. I think that you won’t appear as ignorant if you ask your friend. We are not all Jews, so it is natural that we are not familiar with all these issues. But we can always learn new things. Bye!

Hi. I agree with the previous post. Kosher cheese must come from kosher animals. Kosher animals are not predators. Those animals have tranquility and dignity. Those would be: sheep, goats, antelope, cattle, etc. They are quite opposite to non-kosher animals. I think that consulting a rabbi is a good idea. Good luck with all! Bye!