I have heard about sleep aphea not so long time ago. Anyone that I was asking about it have no idea what that is. I know it’s some problem with stop breathing while sleeping but I would like more about it. Is that dangerous and how to know if I have it? Is that common in this world?

People with sleep aphea stop breathing for 15 or 30 seconds during they are sleeping. It can repeat even up to 400 times every night. People with sleep aphea sometimes woke up from deep sleep or even waking up all night long. There are two kinds, obstructive and central sleep aphea. Obstructive is the most common type. Problem is that something is blocking the passage or windpipe that brings air into your body. Central sleep aphea is rare, and it is related to the function of the central nervous system. Your doctor is right person for diagnose if you have sleep aphea. The person you sleep with will first notice that. If you feel daytime sleepiness such as falling asleep at work or morning headaches, mood changes…that are all signals for warning of sleep aphea. If you have sleep aphea it is very important for you to get treatment.