Any one to advice me. I have a baby son who is now 73 days old. Traditionally, here parents remove the adenoid of their children. I have no idea of the harm of removing it; and or keeping it as it is. I am afraid to keep it as it is, b/c most of the time children with adenoid get sick and find difficulty when eating and drinking.

Hi there, they are known as tonsils, I believe, and they're fine to leave in. They dont' have to be removed and millions of people still have them and are fine. I don't think it would be bad if you left it in at all. Does that help?

Well,
Adenoids are glands in your throat that are made from glandular tissue and they play very important part in your immune system. SO as you can see they are not there to get infected but they are there to help you to avoid any infections. Now when someone has too many problems with adenoids doctors usually remove them. I am not sure why are they removed in the child that is so young. They tend to trap bacteria and viruses which tend to get in your respiratory system. So you can see that they are no useless but they are not that important as well. I hope this cleared few things about adenoids.

Good luck,
Karel