Hello. I'm 26 year old female and I'm still new in one special kind of business called- being a mother! Last night, I woke up and my little daughter was standing beside my bed and she was flushed, hot, and sweaty.
I get up immediately and using thermometer I realized that her temperature is constantly rising. Finally she fell asleep and woke up in the morning like nothing happened the night before. My mother told me I shouldn’t worry because we are talking about simple febris and that’s all. Anyway, I would like if someone could tell me more about this term!

Hello. Your mother was probably right. That was classical attack of febris, also known as fever.
You see, in man’s head, in hypothalamus, there is a special kind of internal thermostat and this fever occurs when this thermostat raises the body temperature above its normal level.
There are several possible causes- infection, over-dressing, after-immunizations fever and many others… Anyway, this isn’t anything so serious and some types of fever are harmless and doesn’t require any treatment at all! The key of treatment is lowering the body’s temperature, reduce any possible discomfort and treating underlying disease if there is one!