If occassionally I want to pack a bag and hit the road, it doesn't really matter where, just get the H out.

Is this something you guys have ever experienced? It's been occurring more and more lately.

Depends on what you mean. Right now, there's a lot of stuff going on for me. My self-preservation instincts say to pack a bag and get the hell out of Dodge. But avoiding the issues won't change the outcome, so I just wish. Are you referring to avoidance, freedom or wanderlust here? And in answer to your question, it could easily be both.

Are you a traveller by nature? I am the farthest thing from a traveller there is, but I know several, and if they don't see a different part of the world at least once a year they get antsy.

I think it's just that the road calls me, and a change would be good. Michael will be in Ensanada (sp?) Mexico at the end of the month for 3 weeks. I'm giving serious thought to packing myself and the little girls in the new van and hitting the road up to Ishpeming for a visit with Eri.

yeah, i feel the urge to escape at times too. i think it's just normal; especially for us living thru a cabin fever winter like we just did.

sometimes i'll be leaving to go to the store and little girl will say "where ya going mommy" and i'll say JAMAICA--ALONE. and she 8O and i feel like

I'm not ready to pack up, but somedays I'd like to pack the kids up and ship them off to boarding school until they're through being teenagers. My next set of kids will go from being cute little kids directly to adults in their mid 20's.

Well, as it's been happening more often, are you answering the call? Or is it happening more b/c you're not answering it? If it's the latter, get out for a while. Everybody needs a charge once in a while and same old same old gets old (if not same).