Hi, I wanted to make a healthy grocery list, and included in it apples, bananas, carrots, cabbage, potato, tomato. My colleague told me that I must include onion as well, since it;s very good for preventing atherosclerosis, but I don’t like it’s smell. Even when I force myself to eat it, I have trouble in hiding smell. How can I overcome this problem?

Hi, I agree with these healthy ingredients but you also have to pay attention to amount of a specific food intake. If you eat a lot of bananas you may be increasing your calorie intake. Potato is also rich in carbohydrates and energy. Tomato can lower your blood pressure, so if you have problems concerning hypertension it can be useful. In my opinion onion is very important, and you should not avoid it because of the smell. It has function in protecting damage of blood vessels, it decreases possibility for forming of blood clot, and affects high blood pressure. You can find in healthy food stores, onion without smell for cooking or some onion based dietary supplements.