I know that part of my eating problem starts at the grocery store. Basically, I buy whatever takes my fancy, including a large chunk of candy and chocolates, which I eat in the car on my way back home. Perhaps, if I went in with a diet grocery list and stuck to that list only, I'd be losing weight more quickly. Have you got any suggestions for this?

I love meal planning! There are many meal planning websites, some free and some have a membership fee, and I suggest you look around some of these websites and see if there are any you like. Plan meals for a week to start with, and base your grocery lists on the meals you are going to eat. Then, stick to those items.

This is good advice.

Sorry to say, but sticking to the same thing won't work. Then your body will get used to it, and start to gain weight again. You have to eat a variety of things. I would get lot of fresh vegetables, or the ones you like. Lots of fish. (preferably high in omega 3s), eggs, some yogurts, and a bit of red meat. (everyone needs to eat a bit junky sometimes to stay healthy). And buy a few chocalates or something. (DO NOT EAT THEM IN THE CAR). And for some drinks, try V8 juice, or orange and fruit juices. But, not all the time. Its still best to stick with water. And potatoes if you like fries. And macoroni and cheese is completely healthy too. And lots of braids and pastas.