Help me! When the wind outside is so strong, it literally destroys my lips. They are full of wounds and there is always a blood. It looks ugly and I can't hide it at all. I am trying to hide it with adequate lipstick, but I think that it is always even worse. I see those furrows on my lips and I don't know how to make them disappear.  Tell me, is vaseline a good option for this? Can vaseline help me? How can Vaseline or so-called petroleum jelly heal my lips? And how long it takes? Let me know your experiences...

Celebrity

Sometimes, I wonder the same question, to be honest. I was always like - yes, it is good, it can heal your lips, but when you take look at the bigger picture, I would say that the petroleum jelly itself has no medicinal effect, at all. Also, it doesn't actually affect whether a blister forms, and it's not absorbed. So, in that case, you can notice that it doesn't get absorbed into the wound. But on the other hand, there is that effectiveness in wound healing is related to its sealing effect on your lips that are dry and chapped. It prevents your skin to be dry. It just does. 

Sure, but also it depends on what type of skin issue you have. You see, vaseline lip balm does not fit everyone. It is OK to apply it if you have dry lips, but if your lips are really in the bad condition, if they hurt, you should know that in this case, you must not put it on a fresh burn. Why? Very simple, because burns continue to damage the surrounding skin for some time because the heat continues after the initial burn occurs.  So, if you actually put a Vaseline over the place where your skin on your lips is burning, it will trap the heat which will make more damage.So, first heal your lips from this and then apply vaseline. 

Oh, yes. It burns, it really burns. I just can't describe the feeling. Maybe it hurts like you have eaten a lot of chilly papers for example and your lips just burn. I don't know how to describe. I had really this issue once and my friends were saying that vaseline is the best healer in this case. So, I have listened to them and I think that I made the worse mistake of my life. It was burning like a hell and now when someone asks me would I recommend a vaseline such a lip therapy, my answer is no. I am not saying that vaseline lip balm is no good, but you have to understand me that it left really huge and painful impact on my lips and that is why I would rather circumvent it.

Celebrity

You are really exclusive, I can imagine if you let me. Maybe you should have tried it once again, you can't avoid something just because your friends didn't know when and how you should use it. I am not trying to convince you, but you should try it once again, when your lips are dry, not when they are burning. Anyway, I forget to mention that one big plus for petroleum jelly is that this one is made of 100% pure Vaseline and because of it, you can get all its benefits in a product exclusively designed for lips.Not bad, right?

what actually puts vaseline on the top of the lip balms are its ingredients. so, the main ingredients of petroleum jelly are petrolatum, Butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter and tocopheryl acetate. if you seek more information about those ingredients, you will find what put them in the top in the dermatologist industry. generally, all of those elements, all of those ingredients can be hard on your lips, that is true, but that is why it is essential to help keep them moisturized. vaseline can help you fight against dryness caused by weather, so you can be confident that your lips are ready to face the outdoors.

Come on guys, like forever and always, petroleum jelly plays an important role in wound care. It doesn't matter are those wounds minor or huge. Anyway, petroleum jelly, especially if it contains antibiotics, is your best friend and it protects the wound from invasion by microorganisms. But also, you should know that unmedicated petroleum jelly wouldn't be as good as a scab. If something can be healed itself, it is good, but also petroleum jelly can help speed all this procedure up and possibly prevent or minimize scarring.I have to agree about this one, don't apply it when your lips are burning. because in that case, it could seal in heat or bacteria on burns of a more serious nature.