What's the difference between obsession or interest in children? I mean how we know when the line of being a good and caring parent is crossed, and our interest became an obsession? I am 33 years old, I work as a supervisor in a local bank, and have two little girls, 6 and 8 years of age. They are everything to me, but sometimes I remind myself of a watchdog rather than a parent.

Being a watchdog for your kids sometimes is not that bad thing at all, especially when they are very young. As they grow up, you will have to loosen up the control, bit by bit. Rest assured that this control would be taken away from you, so you had better start getting used to that fact. One day you will wake up and your girls will be grown up women, with their lives and families. That's the way life goes. Just love them as much as you can.