I just started doing exercises from an old video my mom had. And I need to lose...35lbs. And I'm on weight watchers, only I lost the booklet(have any idean where i can find an online one?). How long would it take for me to tone up? I have a bunch of disgusting flab on my legs, belly, and arms. I used to weigh 195, but now I'm 155. And I'm wondering how long it'd take to tone up my stomach. could someone give me an estimate?

I have shed 55kgs through cardio and most importantly weight lifting...toning is actually a myth and the reason you still wobble is because you need to still burn more body fat and if you lift heavy weights you will build muscle underneath that once the fat is shed off you will then have that lean firm look which only weightlifting can produce. I used to do 12 week plans for myself and it is possible for aperson following a good cardio and weightlifting plan to shed up to 25 pounds of body fat...you must also remember as i learnt..'abs are made in the kitchen'...no amount of exercise will help you see them if your nutrition is not right....if you are female and am scared of 'bulking up' i will tell you now it is not physically possible for us to 'bulk'...what you will end up with weight lifting is a lean, firm, healthy and strong body you want. To much cardio and your body will tire out quickly and if your nutrition is not right you will lose weight yet it will be lean body mass...your body ends up eating itself which you don't want as you hopefully want to be healthy...this is what i have learnt throughout my fatloss journey and hope it helps abit....

I have been power lifting for about 2 years and have the upper body you would see on men. My abs are developing from torso twists. Lifting with free weights or by stationary machines needs to be done to develop the muscle to extend your cardio endurance. Tone up with weights first if you are not in shape. The more you lift, the more the body compensates for that weight you are pulling. If you just need to tone and not bulk, then keep the weights at 20 to 35 pounds and do repititions. I am lifting up to 150 lbs - could explain the bulk. I have to shop for mens tops. No kidding.

2 important points need to be made. Firstly, muscle is heavier than fat, so you wont lose tons of "weight" but you will lose INCHES, which is far more important. Secondly, Weight Watchers is c**p. They have all of these yoghurts and choc bars that might well be 95% fat free, but the sugar in them is OBSCENE! Huge amounts. Sugar is what makes you fat - not calories and not ALL fat. I watch out for saturated fat, sugar and carbs that sugar (not carbs generally. Make sure you eat balanced meals (carbs, protein and plenty of veg) and make sure you get 5 fruit/veg a day and drink lots of water. Keep up the good work and you will look and feel amazing. I think someone should really sue the arse off of Weight Watchers. It's such a con.