Hi, I am 16 years old and I am going to a high school. I have noticed that girls look only the guys with muscles. So, naturally, I want to build muscle mass. It is the only way to compete with those guys. How could I build muscle mass? What is the fastest way?

Perhaps you should think twice about the reasons you have to build muscle mass. You will find the right girl, who will look in your soul, not your muscles. But if you still want to do that then here it is. The fastest way is to go to a gym. There are proper exercises for every group of muscles on your body. Swimming and rowing are also good ways but you need more time.

There is no short answer to this question. It's complex and slightly different for everyone but suffice it to say, you have to progressively overload your muscle groups, then provide them with the proper nutrition and calories to grow. It takes time. Most professional bodybuilders are happy with gaining ONLY 10 pounds per year of pure muscle weight...and they are walking chemistry experiments.

If you really want to grow large muscles you are going to need a ton of patience and a deeply passionate drive that comes from within...not motivated by trying to do it for anyone else.

Next step, read "The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding : The Bible of Bodybuilding, Fully Updated and Revised" amazon.com/New-Encyclopedia-Modern-Bodybuilding-Updated/dp/0684857219/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-4794332-0261658?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185905779&sr=8-1

AND

"Blood and Guts" amazon.com/Blood-Guts-Dorian-Yates/dp/0963616307/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-4794332-0261658?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185905889&sr=8-2

Also recommend:

"The Wisdom of Mike Mentzer" amazon.com/Wisdom-Mike-Mentzer-John-Little/dp/0071452931/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4/002-4794332-0261658?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185905889&sr=8-4

There is a wealth of information covered in these books and most every approach to weight training is covered in these books. It's not for the faint of heart or anyone looking for a quick fix or short cut. There are no magic pills, powders, or machines that are advertised on late night infomercials that will do it. It takes blood, sweat, tears, time, dedication, devotion, knowledge, humility, and a constant search for what works for YOU.