How long does it take for a regular smoker to be able to get the same high they could before they started smoking weed? I'm talking about using it once to two times a day for months.

a few days should help, but a week off will do wonders. hard to take a week long break though. ;D

yeah, kinda like sex :-D
take a few days to a week off and...WOW.

I dont get it.. Ive taken several weeks off smoking but I still get pretty much no high when I smoke. I get relaxed and a bit tired maybe but nothing like the highs I used to get. It feels like Ive built up some sort of super permanent resistance. Is this even possible ?

NO physical withdrawl from THC? I used to believe that, until i started to use in a pattern and then stopped the pattern....
I have used regularly for a few years and everytime i stop for 5 days - i get major cramps and diarrhea on day 5. Definately withdrawl.

THC is absorbed by fat in the body and fat takes awhile to release the THC - the rate depends on how fast your metabolism is.
That is why we build up a tolerance. So to decrease your tolerance take a longer break. THC can stay in your system weeks to months (depending on how much fat you have and how heavily you use). Excercise and it will help you lose the THC a little faster.

You have what we like to call a "psychological" tolerance. I have the same issue, truthfully smarter people tend to get this because it's basically your ability to remember/process the high... The only "cure" is like 3 months off... I couldn't do it lolz.

7 to 10 days. If u not high after that its c**p weed!