:( I smoked marijuana
with my x girlfriend two weeks..i still feel very weird
like things seem unreal, Lights are very bright it used to be worse like hall ways seemed sideways but not anymore.

can someone please tell me whats wrong with :{

heya, dont worry about it i always used to smoke it quite heavily,because its a drug its going to give u effects,especially if it was your first time.the first time i smoked it everything looked really weird and i didnt feel real,it really tripped me out.dont worry though it wont stay in your system if you dont smoke anymore.it goes out your system within 3weeks.but the feeling only lasts a little while.just dont try it again if you dont like it,otherwise you could do something stupid or just paranoi yourself.everything should be fine.trust me i smoked it for 3years.your probally fine now though seeing as you posted this a while ago.hope your ok now though take care x x

hey, i know exactly how you feel. i am 15 years old, about a month ago i smoked a lot out of a beer can. it was the first time i had smoked in a couple months and i got really high. i had about 3 beers that night also. the next morning i felt ok but at around 5 that night i started feeling really high out of nowhere and it had been about 15 hours since i had last smoked. i just tried to go to sleep and i slept for a couple of hours, and when i woke up i started feeling the same dp effects as most of you have explained. i was very paraniod, anxious, and i a lot of minor panic attacks every day, i would start getting very paranoid every time i left home, or if i was alone. it has been about a month since i smoked and my "dp" is still there. it has gotten a lot better since then and some days i will feel fine, but on the other hand, other days the feelings will come back to me. it has been longer than 3 weeks but i am i pretty sure i am getting better.

I am 15 years old and smoked about a month ago. I started feel like things were unreal and kinda depressed. I felt like this for about 3 days then i was back to normal, i felt totally normal, did really good at baseball and just was fine. I was like this for about 2 days. Now i feel the same way, bad again. I have since decided to stop smoking weed. Will i stop feeling like this? Do u guys feel alright now?

Hey, I'm 15 aswell. Like 4weeks ago I got pretty ripped and I have been still feeling it. Like I'm not recognizing things aswell as I used to I had really bad anxiety but I have gotten alot better.it drifts in and out through the day but u just have to stay positive and focus your mind on something else and just remember that it's all in your head.

i'm also 15 and the last time i smoked was about 4 months ago. i still feel high every once and a while and its almost like i'm dreaming. when the feeling first started i got panic attacks daily but they're starting to die down. I'm not scared any more i've just kind of learned to live with it but i'm hoping that it's just hormones or something and it will go away.

Hello there, I had this when i was smoking weed one time when i was 16.

I have felt this in the past, i had a range of small panic attack to very intense ones but the key thing the reader of this needs to know is DON'T WORRY, THIS DOES NOT STAY WITH YOU FOR LIFE! This takes different amount of durations for different people to get over it! I'm one of the lucky people where it goes in about 3 days, but some people my take up to 3 mounts, This does NOT have any long term effects and is a normal thing to get when smoking weed, This is basically how it works, You body has a limit for everything like to much drink makes you drunk, In the case of weed the limit still apply's and EVERYONE has a limit on weed, some people may have such a high limit that they never get this but 90% of weed smokers WILL get this when they break that limit. But when that limit breaks the limit level will raise, basically you smoked more then you ever did before and broke the limit, making you feel that everything is fake, making thing what you are looking at start going weird, when i was going threw it i described the things i was looking at going weird feeling as like my head was going out the back of my real head, This feeling REALLY scared me i was So scared i thort i just ruin my entire life i thort i was going to be like this forever, and I'm sure you feel like this to as you have got to the point you are so scared you searching the INTERNET for answers, another thing i did myself, If you parents don't know you smoke weed and would go crazy if they found out, Like mine, then don't worry you don't have to tell them! i almost broke down to my parents in one of my intense panic attacks, This is NOT serious but perfectly normal for weed smokers, I myself got SO scared that i never smoked weed again since but seriously it wont happen every time you smoke weed, but WILL happen every time you break the Limit!
So if you never want to feel this again but want to carry on smoking weed then just take it easy and only smoke enough to get you high NO MORE because anything more is risking having this again. However if you like me and NEVER want to get this again and NEVER want to risk getting this again then do what i did and stop smoking weed.

There is something you might want to know, In america a LOT of weed smokers praise you when you get this because you got so smashed out of you head LOL, also there is nothing to shorten the feeling but it is NEVER FOREVER and AT THE MOST AND RAREST ABOUT 3 Mouths, if you are like me and it only takes 3 days to get threw it there is a high chance you will get the feeling again in the same mouth you had the first one but this also can only happen at the most 4 times, One last thing you might want to acknowledge is that weed has NO bad chemicals in it, And the weed itself is NOT bad for you, the ONLY thing bad about smoking weed is the hairs in your lungs being destroyed, don't worry they repair them self, if you don't know, Basically the hairs in your lungs just push out Flem but very slowly, so slowly that you don't even have to cough it out, when some are destroyed you will just get a build up of Flem until you feel you have to cough it up, this is also NOT serious and never will be.

Just remember you will recover in time Maybe it could take a few weeks maybe just 3 days but don't worry yourself to death about it like i did, because there is NOTHING to worry about!

There is one thing that will trigger this STRAIGHT away and this is smoking SALVIA, salvia is a drug that causes you to hallucinate , this will make you trip the f**k out okay, This is so powerful that it will break your low or medium level with ease causing another one of these Mind sets that you will just have to endure again like the last time you got it!

Well I'm glad i could help you and hopefully this will stop your panic attacks as well because this was what i was having panic attacks about, Remember you are fine and this is perfectly normal and about 90% of weed smokers get this or will get this at one point. This will NOT be with you for life nor will it cause any long term problems!

Peace out guys, Dean. From the United Kingdom.

Live it large and enjoy you life god gave you! :D

I call it an after high. Its normal dont worry i have lots of friends that smoke weed that say they experiance being high after a couple of days. If you feel like you are in a dream, thats perfectly normal. It should go away in a week. If not then within the month. Just tell your self its weed and try to enjoy it. It is pretty much imposible to over dose on weed. So relax and dont do anything stupid. If you tell your self to relax its just weed you will most likely feel better. When you start to worry, you start to panic. So just chill. Next time you smoke weed dont go all out and take it easy. Know your limit and dont give in to peer pressure. Take as much as you want to where you feel comfortable.and enjoy your high :D

Dean, the same thing happened to me ln. I was so done and it even lasted longer then usual. From about 10 to like 1230-1. I woke up this morning And felt fine. But I woke up 45 mins ago n Ive been holding my iPod n it's like cartoonish still. When I stand up I'm fine. Idk what's happening though.. My heart rate is normal, any advice?

f**k I've had this for 3 months but feel about the same

DeanW you saved my life.Now i know that i will recover from this weed after effect thing.

I was having this high-feeling pretty often and i tought that i am going to be like that whole my life. I did not smoke for 3 months and i really felt better, but still had days when i felt high.

Now i smoked weed yesterday because i was already giving up, cuz i tought that i will trip my whole f*****g life without smoking weed. And after smoking i felt terribly .At the moment i am feeling tired. And i have suicidal toughts and low self-esteem. I don't want to smoke weed ever again. Weed is actually very strong mindfucker, if you are teenager please never do not smoke weed. It damages you brain because it is in developing stage. 

Now i am going to wait again three months or more without smoking weed. And i have motivation to do it because you said that it will go away.

Wow u really put my mind on ease.. I thought I was the only person who had these symptoms...feeling fake, anxiety, paranoia, high feeling, slight drunk feeling. Also, I don't know if anyone else has been experiencing this but, when I exercise I get tired way more than I usually do then my heart startes racing real fast and hard and feel light headed.. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OR DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS DAYS AFTER SMOKING WEED??

yo whats up?

im a 20 year old, and in college. you all seem to be trying weed out for either your first or one of your first times. I've been smoking since I was 15 and many people I am friends with have been also. Many of the people I meet these days first tried in 8th grade or high school, with some rarities after they left the house. 

Someone else mentioned it as an "after-hi" that's pretty much it. Believe me, I have minor "hallucinations" all the time, and everything has for a long time "looked different"

Marijuana slightly changes your perceptions. you perceive the world around you with senses, these are analyzed by your brain viola you have perceived. Your vision may hint at cartoonish vibes or be more vibrantly colored. Marijuana is also a psychedelic, this is normal.

Some of you may try other psychedelics. Things like mushrooms and LSD are not very harmful, but substitutes for them can be.

Remember perception is not reality, and in general, if you believe that your health is in danger:

1. Be calm. anxiety and irrationality usually lead to making stupid mistakes.

maybe drink some water or a nice glass of tea

2. try to find informed information on your problem.

Marijuana is generally harmless, so you arent going crazy. your vision and your perception time (how fast or slow it is) may vary from time to time. your navigation and attention to detail may become a little sloppy, but just like anything you can get better at it.

In the 90's it was proven that marijuana affects everyone differently. I am able to study and learn esp about abstract things whilst high, but others can barely function. I am able to hold an intelligible conversation whilst high, whereas my big sis cant chew very easily when there is too much ambient noise.

I have had 1 friend who said she broke into hives from smoking it. maybe try eating it if you must. Don't feel peer pressures about it. do what you want to do because you want to, not because it changes how your friends see you. Try to be safe with your body. You don't have to, i have plenty of friends who dont smoke, and its cool that they hold themselves to it despite pressure.

getting high feels different than it used to, and it affects me in different ways.

In closing let me leave you with a warning: I have been consistently smoking everyday for more or less 2 years. It is neither a good or bad thing it simply is what it is. I have learned much and grown much, but when/if I try to take a break or detox, the feeling never leaves me.

I am virtually always high. Sometimes, like in the morning, I am less high than right after i smoked but I'm not sure what sobriety is anymore because I'm not sure if Ill ever stop smoking that long to achieve it, if it even exists in the way that I remember it.

To me now a days it's either less hi or more. 

My advice is learn about yourself, or you will learn about nothing

Im 15 and smoked weed for the first time just last night and had 2 shots of vodka. Me and 6 other people - 3 of which i just met - went out onto the streets for a jog cayse we felt like jogging and everything seemed liked a dream after the first 3 minutes. I freaked out because I kept slipping in and out of reality and I was speaking really loudly and fast saying "we could all die here we're going to die here" I was afraid I would die because i knew where we were was real but i tried to keep telling myself to stay awake. My heart was beating so fast I started hyperventilating and got really paranoid about everything, i couldnt walk properly after what felt like several hours and i blacked out on a swing later that night even though I wanted to pass out on the pavement. Its morning now and I feel anxious and still a bit paradnoid. As i went to sleep i kept waking up in the middle of the night cause i couldnt sleep and then id feel like having some more weed. But not now. i just hope this feeling goes away... I used to feel like this all throughout winter last year, and everyone feels like i was faking it. Sometimes id also walk places because i thought I had to go that way. And i needed to. But whatever. I used to hallucinate last year when i was in a horrible state of depression from seasonal affective disorder and what i think mightve been passive aggresive disorder? Idk i just used to kill things uncontrolably from anger and then cry and act normal.

One more thing, is it weird that at the time of being high I understood a lot of stuff scientifically? Like I knew what was wrong with me and i was fighting to control it? And i knew what was going on and why and how, but it was scary...