I smoked marijuana for the first time 4 days ago and since i been feeling a little dizzy and weird. I get enough sleep and i eat healthy foods so i consider myself to be somewhat healthy. I'm wondering why i am still feeling the effects so long after and about how long they will last. I feel like i cant concentrate, kind of spacey or disconnected and dizzy. I haven't had any panic attacks but i know im being paranoid about this whole situation. It kind of feels like i just woke up all the time. Im sure someone else has been through this and knows what I am talking about. Any help would be appreciated.

Mick

I am in a similar situation. I fainted when i used last night and it was probably my fourth time using it. Today I still feel the effects but toned down. I feel spacey and dizzy a little and have pressure in the back of my head. help pls

This happens often when u smoke weed with a low tolerance I have heard. I'm going thru the same thing it's been 3 days. Pls let me know when it stopped for you.

Well you guys have a low tollerance for it and are likely experiencing some marijuana withdrawal symptoms. You rewarded (excited) the dopamine receptors in your brain with some THC, and a few days not using will cause those receptors to say "hey! gimmie more of the reward!" Instead, you can (should) stimulate those receptors with some good music, food, or whatever else you usually enjoy doing. Assuming you are old enough to have a sex life, some hardcore sex is honestly the best way to get those same feelings of euphoria and gratification in order to satisfy your brains need during the time of withdrawl. That is- uless you intend to smoke again. You can chose to smoke regularly and not have to deal with withdrawl type symptoms, but then you're inviting an entirely different lifestyle - usually for the worse in one way or another. If it was your first and last time, any symptoms should not last more than a few days to a week tops. No permanat damage done so don't get all paranoid.

Same thing happened to me before when I started smoking I would feel it like 2-3 days later and at work it was horrible I was walking and out of nowhere I thought I was in a dream. I stopped smoking in December though wasnt worth it.

How did it go, did you get any better? I am going through same symptoms :-(

I'm still getting periods of the symptoms you described. I've been experiencing one for about 18 hours now; I feel all around less mentally acute, way less thoughtful, mind-body disconnect. And this is all happening two weeks after smoking. It's pissing me off.

I am in a similar situation. I am trying to flush it out be sleeping more, drinking a lot of water, and eating extra well. Two weeks is a long time. Are you dehydrated? I wonder if there is something else going on ---allergies?

Wait 1 more week, things will go back to normal.

And don´t smoke this stuff anymore if you don´t want that strange feeling for some days again. Nowadays potency in marijuana is very high in some places, really strong stuff. Very high THC level and low level of sedative substances in the strains.

Tigerman

Well, I say: don't give up!

I have a dizzy feeling like standing on a boat 24 hours for 4 weeks already. I also have migraine and nausea. And what triggered it? Smoking cannabis with friends. (no withdrawal). I sure hope it goes away....

Hey I just wanted to know how it is going now? I am going through the same thing, it's been a week and a half -_-

Tried edibles for the 2nd time 2 days ago (1st time was last week) and I feel flu-like and just generally sick. I can't concentrate well and really hate this feeling! Seems like a lot of people are feeling the same way. Feels like I am allergic to THC!

so 5 years ago i went through all you are talking about. essentially what is happening is a form of dissasociation, depersonalisation, or derealisation. weed can cause you to step back so to speak and open you up in a way quicker than some would like. it can be a nice experience but most people dont like the symptoms as it can be scary. The good news is you can ease the symptoms by not buying into them. Allow the dizziness and other unusual feelings to pass. The trick is allowing the syptoms to wash over you. That is let it do what it needs to do. If you start worrying about symptoms then you can get caught up in a whole lot of other anxietys. If it helps and you guys are really struggling i recommend power over pan by bronwyn fox. On her website she goes into what you guys are struggling with. it will pass if you allow it. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Mine has been going on for about a month and a half. Has it gone away? And what can you do to stop it?

Yes it has happened to me what you need to do is either smoke more often or just stop. The sh*t that happens to you like dizziness and dream like state is just something that happens after you quit for a while. Try to just get your mind off it, watch some tv, or if you think you need it start taking vitamins like emergan-c. I am 15 and after smoking a sh*t load last weekend with some friends same thing is happening.