Wondering if anyone can give me some advice on when to take a pregnancy test. My last period started on the 25th of jan, I had unprotected sex on the 18th feb with my bf. We had sex for a very short space of time before he put a condom on (he didnt come inside me). I am about 6 days late, however because its only been 13 days since the unprotected sex I am unsure when to take a pregnancy test, is it too soon?

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Since he didnt cum i would say your are not pregnant. But if you are a week or more late you should take a test just to be sure. Being late sometimes is normal. Happens to me all the time. But just to make sure and have some peace of mind you should take a test if you havent got it within 7 days. Hope that helps.

Hi, I would take a test and if it comes back negative and you still dont get your period I would take another one in a few days time.

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for your replies. I think its very unlikely but its unusual for me to be this late. Think I do a test in the morning to put my mind at rest and do another one later in the week if I haven't come on.

Have you been under a lot of stress lately? Pre-cum contains sperm and if he has recently ejaculated before your sexual encounter his pre-cum will contain higher amounts of sperm. You can get pregnant from pre-cum and even if he wiped it off before putting his penis in you he will continue to make pre-cum. I suggest taking a pregnancy test in the morning when your hcg levels will be there highest. If negative and no period you need to make an appointment with your doctor so they can do a blood pregnancy test and some other test to see why your period is late.

Hi, thank you for your reply. Havent been under much stress, works been a bit hectic but thats about it. Going to take a test first thing in the morning. Would it be too early to get a positive result though?

It really depends on two things....What kind of test did you buy? and How much HCG your body is letting out?

Some test can read small amounts of hcg a week before your missed period while others will not read until days to weeks after a missed period. Some women produce tons of the hcg hormone and a home pregnancy test will work fine for them while others only produce a small amount of the hcg hormone and need to do a blood pregnancy test to get a positive when pregnant.

Hi, I done two tests this morning one i had lying around and a first response one both of which came out negative. Still no period, when would be the best time to re-test?

Since your period is now around 7 days late and you got a negative home pregnancy test this morning, I would suggest making an appointment with your doctor. They can run a blood pregnancy test and also check for other causes of a late period like cyst on ovaries, hormone imbalance, and a bunch of other things. Have your recently put on or taken off a lot of weight because it can cause your period to be irregular. If you just recently started exercising it can cause a late period. If you have an eating disorder it will sometimes stop your period. Some medications and drugs will cause period problems (Not saying you use drugs but if you do). Good Luck and I hope you can find out why your period is late