Every day after my work I go to gym. I try to maintain this daily routine. My working hour is up to 5 pm, so I am in the gym around 5:45 pm. Before I leave my office, I usually eat banana and drink a cup of coffee. After my training I am eating protein dinner. If you have personal or professional experiences, tell me when to eat carb before or after workout?

Based on my experience, people usually do the things they are comfortable with. Those who get dizzy because of training, eat carbs before workout. The others think that eating carbs after training increases pain in their muscles. I do not know how you fell about this muscle pain or dizziness. I hope that this will help you to decide.

Hello Kenneth, 

In my opinion, you might want to try to introduce some carbohydrates in your meals before the exercise, for your time for training, it looks like the ideal time would be whether for breakfast or for lunch. That’s because carbs are the main fuel our bodies use to function, especially when you are exercising. 

But, the amount of carbs you should eat depends on the type of workout you are practicing. Eating a small snack or banana, like you do, is a good way to give your body some energy before the workout, but not to overload your stomach during the training. In this case, carbs you eat earlier in the day will be used up during the day.