Hey im a college student and living on campus so my fund are next to zero i mainly live off of peanut butter and jelly sandwhichs and fruits, sometimes if im lucky i get to dine out at a restaurant with some relatives int he area who treat me to a meal

I just started working out on p90X and changing it up with some workout circuits my old MMA coach showed me. trying to get back into my best shape.

whats some good cheap post workout meals or just meals in general i practically live off PB&J and sometimes ham sandwhiches and cereal.

what are some great post workout meals? what am i looking for to eat after a workout? or throughout the day?

Typically you'd want to try to get this meal into your body within 1 hour. If possible, within 30 minutes would be even better. :-) While egg whites, chicken and tuna fish are fine sources of protein, but they aren't the ideal type of protein for the meal after your workout. Ideal source of protein to eat after your workout is a whey protein powder mixed with some type of liquid thus creating a whey protein shake. Carbs as well will be used by your body to restore muscle glycogen. If your post workout meal doesn't contain carbs, your body may actually instead break down muscle tissue for this same purpose.

Celebrity
15 minutes after workout - banana or sth similar (carbs) to get your sugar levels up... in a period of 1-1,5 hour after training quality proteins, like chicken breast, fish. tofu, beans to help your muscles repair .