Do you think my 9 year old son could be having some throat infection for I have noticed some white spots on his throat and also I think his throat is red? He had few throat infections so far and it usually goes on its way but this time it is much prolonged than usual-it lasts more than 10 days and plus those white spots on his throat what could it be for I never saw spots like this before on his throat? Thanks!

That is for sure it is about some throat infection and according the symptoms you have mentioned especially regarding the white spots on throat so I advice you get some advice from medical care professional just to get the accurate diagnose and therefore the proper treatment which would probably be some sort of antibiotics such as penicillin or amoxicillin. It often happens that those strep throat symptoms along with those white spots on throat go away on their own but I would always advice some antibiotics to be taken for if those white spots on throat are caused by some bacteria that could also trigger some more severe complications such as rheumatic fever, ear infections, joint pains and so on...