Hi, I’ve exercised for a long time and I finally managed to lose all the fat from my body. Now I want to build a mass, and that’s why I need a protein shake. I heard that it’s healthy and necessary for building mass. Which is a good protein shake?

Hi, I love protein shakes, because they’re healthy alternative for steroids. Everyone who is thinking of taking steroids is making a big mistake. They might be a quick solution, but they’re very damaging for a human body. Foods that contain protein are milk, eggs, fish, cheese, beef and chicken. However, you can’t make a shake of all those foods. I think that good protein shake can be made at home, simply by using supermarket products like dried skimmed milk powder, fresh milk, peanut butter, soft cheese (without fat), bananas, frozen fruit or something similar. You can’t build a mass if you don’t have enough proteins. They are necessary for building and repairing muscles, and that’s why protein shakes can be very helpful.

I used to work at a juice bar, so I have some really good smoothie recipes. But for protein, you might try whey. Whey (as in "Curds and whey") is a by-product of cow milk, the stuff that floats on the top of the pail when milk turns into cheese. It is then dried and packaged. Whey tastes like milk, but contains lactose, vitamins, and minerals that are not present in milk. Here's a great recipe:

One scoop whey protein
One pre-peeled, frozen banana
Two spoons of almond butter (or peanut butter)
A dash of cinnamon
Mix ingredients with milk, and presto! Super protein smoothie!

OTHERWISE, look into soy or hemp protein. Very enriching!