What are the common causes of extreme cold intolerance? My cousin has this problem and I know that she has problem with thyroid gland almost her whole life. Is that connected with her extreme cold intolerance?????

I am not a doctor but I think it could be if she suffers from hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is one of the common causes of cold intolerance. Except this other possible cause include: general poor health, anorexia nervosa and chronic severe illness. Cold intolerance can be an indication of a metabolic problem, does you cousin have it? Often very slender women do not tolerate cold environments simply because they have minimal body fat and are unable to keep warm

Hallo,
Having a cold intolerance can be very problematic for someone who lives in cold areas. The thing is that this condition can be cause by several things. I know if person is anemic it will notice cold changes in the air very easily. Also having issues with blood vessels or some other severe chronic illness can also cause problems with cold intolerance. However the thyroid problem can also influence this condition. If I am not mistaking if person is having issues with hypothyroidism this person will definitely have intolerance to extreme cold. Now if she goes for hormone replacement therapy she could be treated from this devastating condition. Has she spoken to doctor about this condition at all?