My Mom alwayz tellz me that i'm fat and that my legs are gettin bigger n i would like to lose wieght but i don't no how i need so much help i'm 13 and i'm 160 pounds.........so please help me i need to no what foods are good and what foods are bad

you should try to drink ALOT of water..especially before a meal, so you'll feel full.
and of course walking around the block once in while will definatly help.
also...eat celery, it takes more calories to eat it than in has to begin with. :-D

well.. have your mom get you some books. if you are comfortable with who you are.. don't let anyone take that from you. your mom isn't helping. she's being negative when she should be positive. one book thats good.. the book by dr. phils son. it's made for teens. try that one. also, drink plenty of water. eat a balanced diet. get lots of sleep and exercise. even if you just walk around the block a few times a week. any is better than none. you need to tell your mom that she hurts you when she calls you fat. tell her to help you constructively. good luck kiddo!!!

hi,
i promise this will work. i know. not only do i have education in this stuff and i have the experience as well. First off don't listen to your mom...that will only slow u down. now for the diet. since u are younger u do need sugar, but not chocolate and candy. eat fruit instead. fruit is a natural sugar and is good for u. instead of a cookie or candy bar have fruit. don't have cokes, and colas like that. did u know that just doing without cokes and candy will make u lose like 12 pounds within like 3 months. now i know this is going to seem like a long time but trust me it is the only safe way to lose weight and KEEP it OFF. everyday do at least 1 hour of physical activity, such as playing with animal (if u have one), go for a walk, run around, just be a kid that is plenty physical activity. next eat smaller portions. use the size of the palm of your hand as your measuring cup. okay. instead of fried foods eat baked or grilled. okay finally plan to lose 10% of your body weight for every six months. so if you weigh 160 pounds then if you follow what i have told you above you should lose about 15-20 pounds in six months. in one year that is about 30-40 pounds. then you will be at or close to a healthy weight.

p.s. starving yourself or puking after u eat will only hurt u not help. okay... good luck

There are no "good" or "bad" foods. Telling yourself that will only lead to deprivation and later binging. I would point out YOU don't buy the groceries; SHE does.

If you do have some input, start replacing things like sour cream with plain yoghurt (there's no difference, I swear) and potato chips in dip with crackers or veg.

My mum did the same thing and I still deal with its effects.

no offensive but your mom sounds like a @!$&* she should be helping you then just telling you your fat and if you drink
soda just start drinking water and walking or gatorade jsut walk a few blocks every day not much more i can say

Lisen, I was 13, 4'11 & 170 & my mom told me that I was gaining weight & I NEEDED too stop. DON'T loose weight bcos your mom wants you too . If you WANNA than go for it, but do it bcos YOU wanna do it for yourself. If she really cared about you she would love you if you were +90 pounds bigger. She's your mom she is just worried trust me. Some ways too loose weight are walk around the block and watch what you eat. You can eat ANYTHING YOU WANT but portions is the key. Drink a TON of water & make sure too get involved in a sport & if you don't want too than go on your WII fit. It helps, trust me. I went through it.

im 13 too and my mum and stedad also call me fat. im really fussy with my vegetable because the only ones i like are peas and potatoes. at school i tend not to eat food cuz it makes me feel greedy.

dont feel let down i mean im 5'4 and 197 pounds so i know how you feel

i agree with drinking alot of water.. not pop.. because it helps you feel full.. im sure you love junk foods.. i do to!! but try and stear clear of them.. or atleast cut back on them. if you walk everyday for 45 minutes or more you will start slimming down after some time. and another thing.. it is extremely important to eat breakfast, even if its just toast or something if you eat in the morning it boosts your metabilism which is what burns calories.. and the more calories you burn the more weight you will loose. also try eating small meals throughout the day.. this will help your metabilism and you will begin loosing weight it sounds crazy but it works.. also do not starve yourself you may loose weight from that but when you start eating again you will gain it all back and then some.. also you are 13 and still going to grow so im sure you will slim down.. good luck hun let me know how it goes

I lost 20 pounds with a natural diet in a year, thing is i barely ate anything

but try these few things:
green tea - then go for a 10 minute jog
eat alot of vegetables- low calorie and good for snacking,don't go for fruit as much,as it contains higher calories
Dont cut out unhealthy food - if you do then your more likely just to give in an binje out.
find out your bmr and add about 200 calories ontop and try to acheive atleast 200-300 calories under per day.
dont weight daily,weigh weekly
use a tape measure rather than scales- as you may just have put on muscle weight
to loose a pound you must cut 3500 calories
you can lose upto a pound a week just by drinking alot of water
exercise- most ur body is water weight if you exercise you sweat and get rid of more water.
small portions of food several times a day
get someone to help you - ur mum maby,
stay away from oil (unless fish,good oil etc) and try to eat low fat

some meal suggestions;

breakfast-
35g special k
2 scotch pancakes
2 crumpets
fruit salad
green tea
tea no milk or sugar
2 slice toast - no butter

lunch;
a sandwich - 2 slice bread no butter,1 slice of ham an some lettuce
crackerbread
soup
omlett

dinner-
stir fry
chicken chaseur
chicken salad
fish and salad
microwave meal - low calorie

its allways more fun an occupying to make your own food-then you know exactly whats in it,you control portion size and healthiness

stay away from-
greasy food - chips ,hotdogs,hamburgers an takeouts
too much chocolate-a bit is good for you,but the rest is a waste of calories limit to 1 small bar a week
Fats- butter, cooking oil,

You are just a kid and don't you play outdoor games like badminton, cricket,etc.Theses activities will help you in losing weight.

im the same way, i just turned 13 and im like, 155 or something... I dont ever want to set a bad example for my future kids, plus the chance of even getting a wife is pretty low when your as fat as that :-P. Anyways, thanks for the responses guys. Ive been lost, and i really need to do somthing about all this flab on me. I hope you are doing well, whoever started this topic!

I'm 13 and I'm 105 pounds, my mother always calls me fat and at one point I became anemic, get she contines to say comments like "you need to stop eating" " Your so fat" "that doesn't look good on fat people" "your gonna get fatter" ect. then she aways says stuff like "i never should have had you" and "all you are is a problem". I feel like I'm raising a child and not being raised shes immature and a total b***h.It doesnt help that my dads not there to stop it, but what can you do... My advise for you would be dont let somones hurtful words affect you the truth is there insecure about themselves and taking it out on you.. your perfect.

Well, I guess this happens to a lot of people:-)

My mom has never done this ever, but just recently, I guess she decided it was a good time to start judging me a criticizing me. Telling me I "eat too much" and "are a BIG girl, I mean, look!". I ignore the comments; either act like I don't hear them, or nod. But they completely crush me inside. They smash me into nothing:'(

I wish she wouldn't do that. She says things that have nothing to do with my weight. She tells me I'm lazy, and don't motivate myself, and don't care ... well, she's been doing that for awhile, now that I think of it ...:-(

Well, back on topic. I do 125 situps a day. 125 jumping jacks. 20 laps in the pool. (front of the pool to back of the pool, to front of the pool= 1 lap)

hope these help a little.:-)