Ever since I was little I have been a slow runner. Like super slow. While most of my friends can run a mile in like 6 to9 minutes it take me over 12. Right now I'm training for basic and I need to get my mile in 8 minutes. How can I become a faster runner? Or am I just cursed with being a slow runner?

Do you run alone or with a partner?  Key is to run with someone that has a bit of faster pace than you but not too much faster.  You can start interval sprint training too - 30 seconds fast and 30 seconds slow or 60 whatever works for you.

Hope this helps

Thanks and yeah ill give it a try. And I run alone. No one is willing to train with me

Lots of people hate, dislike or despise running in any of its forms. Do you have a store called "The Running Room" there you can buy gear and go on group runs, a great way to train with someone. Look into it or another thing is post for a runner on CraigsList, sketchy I know but again doable.

No, there is nothing like curse for being slow. It depends from person to person and how they have been in their earlier life. You need to practice well and should take good food to increase your energy and I am sure you can cover those distance.