Hey there, I used to have abdominal pains and such, and found that lying in a fetal position helps ease the pain. What I'm wondering is why is that so? I've also heard that females do the same when having their menstrual cramps and such.

Thanks

The reason for this is that when you are straight the abdominal muscles stretch as too do the underlying organs, when you curl up they relax, (just like a rubber band) releasing any pressure. hope this helps

Hallo,
Fetal position sounds almost normal position when you are having abdominal pain. I know when my stomach hurts the first thing I do is I lie down in my bed and get in to fetal position. I think that all this has to do with our muscles. When you are standing your abdominal muscles are all stretched and under pressure. This pressure is also felt by our internal organs. But when you take fetal position your muscles are not stretched and your internal organs have more space and it is much easier for them to function. This rule goes for all abdominal issue from stomach flu to menstrual cycle.
I hope that this helped in any way