Hi. Just over a year ago I went through terrible phase. I was unfaithful to my partner of 10 years and we separated and I had a series of one night stands. 5 in all and everyone of them was unprotected. Disgusting I know but I was young and stupid. Anyway I had a HIV test during this time and the 1st one came back negative. A year on when my original partner and I got back together I had another test. At first it came back inconclusive and within a couple of hours it came back negative. As I have always suffered with OCD it scarred me a bit so I eventually took another test another year on. It came back negative which is great. However I have never really been able to accept that I am fine. I have been suffering from recurring chest infections for the past couple of years and I'm convinced it's because it's HIV. Also back in May last year I had a blood test for ceoliacs and altough it was negative the doc said my white sells were low? and that I was obviously fighting a virus, at the point of taking that test I had no ill health. How accurate are the HIV tests? Am I being totally paranoid? Thanks

Your fine. it came back negative, dont worry

Go and have tests done for STIs and/or STDs in general. All you have been tested for is HIV.