Hello! I am William and I suffer from moderate myopia. I started to wear my glasses when I was seven since my problems started at school. I couldn’t see the numbers and words written on the chalkboard and my parents took me to the eye doctor. Since them my myopia has progressed. I thought it would stabilize as I got older but nothing like that happened. I have been wearing glasses for 13 years but my sight is getting worse!

Hello! You probably know that it is normal for myopia to progress in school children especially during the period of intensive growth. Your eye glasses only helped you to correct your vision and to be able to see distance objects clearly. Your myopia would increase anyway, regardless of your glasses. Progression of myopia is usually stopped at the age of twenty. It can also increase after that age but really a little. Visit your doctor and check your eyes.