Just suppose you have the ability but don't qualify for your National Team for the Olympics, but are eligible to compete for another nation, who's qualifications you meet. Would you compeat for them?

Yes. If I had the opportunity to be in the Olympics, I don't think I could pass it up.

Seeing as tons of nations are recruiting me due to my blazing speed.... probably not. I can't imagine representing anyone but the U.S., especially in this day and time when we are soooo popular around the world. It would just seem wrong to me.

The Olympics now has competition in Trivial Pursuit? Hecky yes, count me in!

I think I'll create my own nation and sell olympic slots on e-bay. We could go flat fee or % of sponserships

if I had some strong tie (parents or grandparents of that heritage)- yes. Which, I never have to worry as I doubt Germany and Poland are lacking female runners

You and I are in serious contention for the same spots.
No, I couldn't do it. That would make me a sellout. It's that strong sense of national pride that I have.

Yes, I would.

i don't think so, a lot of my motivation would be gone. granted i compete for ME. but i also have a strong sense of loyalty. hence since just fitting the qualifications would not make me feel part of the team.

No. That just would not seem right to me. Even though I was born in France, as an American citizen I would decline any invitations from the French Government to compete on their national teams against the U.S.

It's hard to say because i will never have that chance, but probably not. I think it would feel fake, that i didn't make it on my own merits as an American runner. It would just be weird running for Team Lithuania.

Are the uniforms cool-lookin'? :o

do i get to carry the flag in the parade?

to answer the question

no.

Nope.

I find it very weird when people are born and raised here and they go to other countries to compete just b/c their grandparents were born/raised elsewhere.

Yes, but perhaps depending on how stong my ties were to another country. I do personally know several guys who did this.