Painfull itching after taking a shower

This only occurs when I have returned from a holiday to hot climate.
Around two weeks after a holiday, after taking a shower and while my skin is drying I get what feels like someone pricking me with needles. When I scratch the spot it goes away for a minute. This mainly occurs on my legs but can be all over my body and lasts for about half an hour. This will continue for about a month before it gradually stops occuring.

It is slightly better when I use cold water. The longer I am under the shower the worse it is when I get out.

I assume it is something to do with getting a sun tan? I will be going away again in two months and I wondered if there is something I need to do before I go away, or a treatment to use when I return.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Try Itchgaurd (available in India)!!

I'm having the same issue , my body is killing me after taking a shower, this thing has to be stopped . plz anyone help !!

I have has this same experience. I trolled the internet looking for solutions and found nothing that helped. I tried every product and method I read about - mostly meant for getting rid of the itch and burn after it set in instead of preventing it in the first place. My problem was that I had hard water. I had never had the problem before, and the issue come seemingly out of nowehere. After talking to some friends and trying some experiemnts, sure enough. I had a water softener installed in my house and bingo. No more problems. It took a while for me to believe this was the problem, and I didn't want to invest money into something that i wasn't sure about. I live in the city, not a rural area which has wells.No one else seems to have the issue. It was worse at different times of the day (I discovered that the water supplier adds the required chemicals (chlorine, etc.) at different times of day. Come to find out, the closer my shower time to their deposit time, the worse my symptoms. Hope this helps someone.

Hi, I have to say get cool. I know it even causes psychological contradictions to someone. I have experienced the same challenge for the past 14 years and am now 26. Normally, I have to bathe without a bathing sponge and have to make my body active to suppress the similar situation you have.

For any development, I remain in need of help too.

Fasouk - Science teacher

My daughter got in the shower last week and immediately got out with red very itchy painful skin. She said it hurt like needles poking her. She had some small reddish bumps here and there in patches that itched too. We tried the shower again two days later and same thing but worse! Took her to dr. Who figured nothing out, my daughter isnt allergic to anything! Someone told me to change the ahower head so i researched bacteria in shower head and CHANGED MY SHOWER HEAD! I put my daughter in the shower and she was fine!! Who would have thought!! Hope this helps. I looked for a week online trying to find answers and found only the shower head issue.